Sunday, June 11, 2006

Another Scanning Project

Another vintage photo resource I have recently aquired is a small (4X7 inches) photo-book La Cathedrale de Strasbourg, Editions "Tel". It looks to have been printed somewhere between the 'teens and the 'thirties. The book contains shots of some of the portal figures of prophets and virtues that I have never seen photos of anywhere before.







There are also some excellent shots of the Wise and Foolish Virgins, which I have seen some photos of elsewhere.



One image related to the Virgins which I had never seen (which is odd, considering it's central part in the parable) is the Bridegroom.



And though I had seen shots of these statues,



I don't think I had ever seen the left hand (male) figure described as 'the Tempter.'

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home