Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Amazing Progression of a Painting

TheARTDEPARTMENT provides an amazing series of images of the progression of a painting by David Bowers. I haven't checked TheARTDEPARTMENT in a while, my bad. For those of you unfamiliar, it's a blog run by Irene Gallo, the art director for Tor, Forge, and Starscape Books. I'm glad I didn't miss this.

The progression actually goes clockwise, so don't be confused by the order. Click on the images for larger versions.

This is great stuff, and I love to see how artists build up their work from beginning to end. I post progressions at my Flickr site. The figurative work of David Bowers is truly wonderful. It's great to get an insight into his process.

This image was featured on the cover of Spectrum 12: The Best in Contemporary Fantastic Art, an annual of fantastic art and illustration.


Oh, I need to browse through my art-blog bookmarks more....

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home