Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Amazing Progression of a Painting

TheARTDEPARTMENT provides an amazing series of images of the progression of a painting by David Bowers. I haven't checked TheARTDEPARTMENT in a while, my bad. I'm glad I didn't miss this.

(The progression actually goes clockwise, so don't be confused by the order. Click on the images for larger versions.)

This is great stuff, and I love to see how artists build up their work from beginning to end. I post progressions of my own at my Flickr site. The figurative work of David Bowers is truly wonderful. It's a treat to get some insight into his process.

This image from David Bower's website was featured on the cover of Spectrum 12: The Best in Contemporary Fantastic Art, an annual of fantastic art and illustration.


Oh, I need to browse through my art-blog bookmarks more....

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home