Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Keeping the Past Alive

A few years ago, a my parents became neighbors to a gentleman of about their own age (actually, a little older) who became a good friend to them. He was especially supportive of them during my father's battle with terminal cancer.

Later, after my father's death, this old gentleman needed to move to a nursing home as his needs became more than he could handle. Many of his effects had to be disposed of, so my mother bought for me several boxes of slides that he had taken during his lifetime. There are several hundred of them, maybe even a thousand. I have been digitizing them with an Epson 4990 scanner in between paintng and scanning old family photos. I've become something of the family archivist.

Many of the images that this gentleman took forty years ago and more of New England and the Canadian Maritimes are incredibly beautiful.

An so, here is to keeping the past alive. Thank you, Mister Clayton Chase, a gentleman and a true neighbor.

The light at Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia, July 1965



Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia, July 1965



Dorys at Blue Rocks, Nova Scotia, July 1965



Setting sun on the way home from Blue Rocks, Nova Scotia, July 1965

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home