Monday, September 11, 2006

The Glenn Says that the jihadis nihilism is like the Ghost Dance, with its dangers, but not on the level of the dangers of the Cold War.

I'd like to think he's right, and I have respected his views and analysis and copious links for five years now.

Somehow, a non-state ideology, with thousands of adherents on whom the sun never sets, who have no fixed industrial or cultural targets and have nothing to lose, and furthermore who think that heaven awaits them if they die killing their enemies with a plane ticket and a box cutter; this strikes me as infinitely more dangerous than a third rate industrial power run by old men yearning for their dachas.

I guess this shows my fears more than it proves my point over Mr. Reynolds.

Do you fear more the rabid dog, or the patient and poisonous black widow spider?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home