Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Royal Academy of Arts

Thanks to this post at Mapping the Marvellous I found an article on C.R. Cockerell, R.A. Of course, his rendering of church domes and spires attracted me, as I expect anyone who knows my work would have seen coming...



The article on Cockerell was the May "Artist of the Day" on the website of the Royal Academy. I am no where near finished exploring the site. It is expansive and wonderful, with alphabetized links to the artists represented in the Academy's collection, lectures to which you can listen, and an HTML version of their quarterly magazine which you can literally leaf through on line, stopping and exploring the articles you want, in a layout that looks to be just like the real thing.

This is going to be a great resource. I'll be spending a lot of time there in the near future.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home